Have you ever thought about the performance of your WordPress website? Do you know how does your website performs in front of your visitors? Do your visitors stay on your website for a long time, or they leave the site within just two or three seconds? If you want your WordPress website to stay ahead of the competition and want more visitors, you need to consider all these questions. Every business owner wants his website to get the highest rank on Google and other search engines in this digital era. You may be thinking about your website performance when the question of poor website performance comes up.
Just take your precious time and look out at your website at least once. You might find several threats that are responsible for the poor performance of your site. Maybe these issues are theme related, old plugin related, or others. If you use outdated code or plugin to create your WordPress website, it may slow down its performance. It leaves a horrible impression on your visitors.
Many small website owners face this type of problem. Generally, they are not aware of WordPress themes and plugins. That’s why a poor performance issue occurs on their website. The small website owners create their websites and forget about the latest updating. Creating a good looking website is not enough; you need to be aware of your WordPress website’s latest updates. As an owner of a WordPress website, you have to keep an eye on all the latest upcoming updates. Keep your site up to date to offer the best experience to your visitors.
There are so many options or ways to enhance the performance of your website. In this article, you will read about all these tips. After adopting these tips, you can easily improve your site’s poor performance and convert it into a high-speed website. Just focus on them and fix your slow website problem.
Let’s take a look at these solid tips and adopt all these tips. Don’t think twice before adopting these tips because you do not have any other option to improve your site’s performance, and you know, your whole business depends on the best performance of the website. It is the website that can lead your business up and also can ruin very fast.
1. Choose the solid hosting provider for your site: Hosting is the key to every successful website. Choosing the best hosting company can improve the performance of your website as well as SEO and sales.
Hosting service is a kind of Internet hosting service. It allows users to create their websites through the World Wide Web. The performance of your website depends on your host. If you choose the wrong hosting provider, it can ruin your whole website.
Hiring a hosting provider is not as easy as you as it is. If you don’t have any idea regarding it, obviously, it seems a daunting task. Before selecting the hosting provider, you need to consider how you pick the best hosting company for your website. Always choose the right hosting company with many years of experience and have a good strategy for better website performance.
There are few top hosting companies, including Liquid Web, Siteground, Inmotion Hosting, Bluehost, WP Engine, and Page. You can choose any one of them as your hosting company. If you are not happy with your present hosting company, you can move to another company.
2. Install the right WordPress theme: WordPress has near about thousands of themes. Some of them are free, and some of them are paid. Most of the website owners use free themes. For your website’s best performance, it is most important that you choose the right and solid WordPress theme for your site.
The theme affects your website. It represents the website in front of your visitors. It shows how your WordPress is looks and feels.
Apart from the looks of your site, it also affects the functionality of the website. If you select a boring or simple theme for the site, the visitors may not like the site. This one is the negative point of the website.
To give your website the greatest look and make the best impression on your visitors, you can select various themes from WordPress.org/themes/. This is the website that offers you a huge number of WordPress themes. You can choose any one of them according to your website needs.
3. Select the right plugin for your site: Most developers look for the best and the biggest plugin for their website. There are many things you should keep in mind while choosing a plugin for your website. There are lots of WordPress plugins available in the WordPress Plugin Directory.
It may be difficult for you to choose any one of them. In such a situation, you can get the help of an expert and professional developer.
You will get free and premium WordPress plugins. You can search for your favorite plugin from the WordPress dashboard. Click on the plugin or add new. After that, you see the search box; you can type two or three words in the box to find your favorite plugin.
For example, if you are looking for the WordPress backup plugin, you can write backup in the search box. The list of plugins appears in front of you.
4. Remove unwanted plugins: As you know, WordPress has thousands of plugins. But it does not mean that you use all of them. There may be some medieval plugins. If you have outdated plugins on your website, you need to eliminate them. You select a plugin for your site, but it does not work. Accordingly, it means you have chosen a medieval plugin. You might forget to remove it from the WordPress site.
Be careful when selecting a plugin for your site and eliminating all the unwanted plugins from the website. These unwanted plugins are the main reason for slow websites. A slow website means low rank, and lower rank means a loss in business. So, if you do not want to see the loss in your business, delete all unused or unnecessary plugins as soon as possible.
To upgrade the plugins, check the latest version of plugins every three to six months. This is the easiest way to remove unused plugins and upgrade other plugins. To deactivate or uninstall, go to the plugin screen and select the plugin you want to uninstall or deactivate. At last, click on the deactivate option. Remember one thing always, never delete the default WordPress plugins. You can delete only those plugins that are downloaded by you.
5. Delete unused themes: Like plugins, you have many unused themes, and you need to remove them from WordPress. It is straightforward to remove unnecessary themes from the WordPress website. Every year, you see various new themes. If you update your WordPress, you will get all the new themes automatically. But remember one thing, if you upload new themes, delete old themes to improve your website’s speed. These old themes could be harmful to the health of your WP website.
There are so many reasons that show you why unwanted themes are not good for your site. Unwanted themes make your site vulnerable. If the developer updates it from time to time and eliminates unnecessary themes, it increases your website’s loading speed. Every time you use a different theme when you create a website. It means you have a huge amount of themes.
Once you remove or uninstall unwanted themes, you can upload new themes that you want for your site. For this, you need to keep an eye on the latest updates. Due to this, you will never face difficulty in the future with old or unwanted themes.
This content was originally published here.